Saturday, July 30, 2011

A Retro Theme Retirement Party

This is another party that I have helped to organised and it was really fun working with elder ladies. They are so much fun. Well, the person retiring is my mother and she had lots of friends gathering for a luncheon, so I have come up with the decorations and all. Hope I can upload here some pictures of the event as well; I have to get the pictures from my Mum though. :)


Here it is, This is the poster I made that we stick it on the background for photoshooting. Other than this poster, we also hung up some decorations made out of paper and strings. The theme was based on Golfing which is what the retired person do best and almost all her friends are into golf. Well, here I have found some vintage golfing pictures which I modified the wording bits.


Here it is, it reads "I Golf, Therefore I am not Free!"


(If you like it you can download it)


Other than having luncheon, I thought I'll spice up the programme a bit. Here I have a checklist for the friends of the retiree to pick out the things that my Mother should do after retiring!



If you like the checklist you can download it too!



Well, I did prepare a door gift for all the ladies who attended the party. Here is a picture of my packaging and the contents in the package are a pack of Salonpas, a tiny tiger balm, and a packet of plaster. If you wonder what a Salonpas is ermm... it is actually a pain relief patch, manufactured by Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical.



Overall, the party is a blast and it ended with a cake cutting ceremony and photoshooting session. Who says old ladies shouldn't have fun!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations for your retirement party. Hope it was good. I am looking for one of the glamorous Seattle venues for my niece's birthday in a couple of weeks. Thinking to decorate the place with ivory roses and satin ribbons. Will book venue in a day or so. Already booked the baker for princess theme cake.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...